Fire destroys home outside Legal

Reading Time: 1 minute

By MorinvilleNews.com staff

Sturgeon County – A late afternoon fire destroyed a Sturgeon County home Monday. The Legal Fire Department was called to a fire in the Range Road 260 / Township Road 575 area at approximately 4:13 p.m. Oct. 4.

Sturgeon County Deputy Fire Chief Pat Mahoney said the fire was well underway when first responders arrived on the scene.

“Initially Legal was paged out with mutual aide going out to Morinville,” Mahoney said. “Upon arrival on scene flames were already through the roof. It’s a mobile home structure with an addition or two on it.”

Mahoney said since the fire was fully involved, fire crews started defensive operations, but could not save the home.

“With mobile homes, they’re consumed fairly quickly because of their materials,” the deputy chief said. “There was very little the crews could do to save anything, so it’s a total write off.”

Although the home was completely destroyed, Mahoney said all occupants escaped the fire with no injuries.

The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen from a grease fire. No dollar amlount had been set on the damages by Morinvillenews.com deadline.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Comments

comments

About admin 8400 Articles
The Morinville News is an online daily news publication serving Morinville and surrounding area via MorinvilleNews.com, our daily email news service and our MorinvilleNews.com app for IOS and Android. You can also follow us online on Twitter @MorinvilleNews and on Facebook at Facebook.com/MorinvilleNews

1 Comment

  1. My friend and her family are the ones who lost their home in this fire. Friends and the family have started a facebook page in order to keep track of all the donations that people are trying to make to the family in order to help out. Please see this link for more information, any help is greatly appreciated by the family.

    Visit the FaceBook Page for the fundraiser

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*