Chimney believed to be cause of house fire

by Morinville News Staff with videography by Stephen Dafoe

A chimney fire is believed to be the cause of a house fire at 10608 – 86 Street in Moriville Monday night that caused damage to the home’s exterior and second floor.

Fire crews were called to the scene in the Sunshine neighbourhood at approximately 10:44 p.m. Nov. 30.

Fire Chief Brad Boddez said crews from Morinville, Legal and Bon Accord responded. “Initial investigations is leading towards a chimney fire and the extent of damage is contained to the exterior and second floor,” Boddez said. “The occupants were a family of four who were home at the time and sustained no injuries.”

Boddez praised the 18 members from Morinville, the eight Legal firefighters and the seven members from Bon Accord for a job well done. “The mutual aid and relationships between departments certainly helped contain this blaze and minimize property loss,” he said.

Chief Boddez said crews had secured the scene and placed all apparatus back in service shortly after 3 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Estimated damage value is not known at this time.

Video Footage

[fbvideo link=”https://www.facebook.com/MorinvilleNews/videos/vb.116150388429696/1091220864255972/?type=2&theater” width=”700″ height=”393″ onlyvideo=”1″]

Story updated at 1:11 p.m. with additional quote on regional cooperation

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Comments

comments

About admin 7059 Articles

The Morinville News is an online daily and bi-weekly print publication serving Morinville and surrounding area. Our print publication is distributed on the first, third and fifth Wednesday. You can also follow us online on Twitter @MorinvilleNews and on Facebook at Facebook.com/MorinvilleNews

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply