NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED – THANKS TO ALL WHO NOMINATED A BUSINESS
General Rules of Eligibility:
- These awards are presented to any business within Morinville & District. (Our District is one mile north of Legal, East to Redwater, South to Hwy 37 and West to Alexander First Nations. We include Morinville, Sturgeon County, Legal, Gibbons, Bon Accord, Redwater, Nameo, Alexander First Nations and Busby).
- The winner will be selected by the Morinville Small Business Awards Committee.
- The winner will be announced at our Gala – October 29th.
- Members of the Chamber of Commerce Board cannot be nominated for more than one category.
- Both Chamber members and non-members are eligible for nominations
- Businesses must be 51% owned or operated by an Alberta based company. Major activities must take place within Alberta.
- Businesses must be in business for more than 3 years except for “new business” category.
- Demonstrates significant achievement in business (growth, sales, expansion).
Awards will be selected on the following:
- Significant business achievement within the last three years
- Involvement in business and/or professional associations and community activities
- Demonstrated high level of customer service excellence
- Significant contributions to the community either monetarily, through gifts of kind, or volunteer contributions)
Categories of Nomination Include:
- 2015 Large Business of the Year (over 14 employees)
- 2015 Medium Business of the Year (5-13 employees
- 2015 Small Business of the Year Awards (1-4 full time employees)
- 2015 Home Based Business of the Year Award (3 employees or less)
- 2015 Community Spirit Award (Not-for-Profit businesses)
- 2015 Business Legacy Award (long time business 8 years and over)
- 2015 Youth Entrepreneurial Award (under 25 years old)
- 2015 New Business of the Year Award (3 years or less)
Deadline for nominations is close of business Oct. 8.