submitted by Morinville RCMP
The RCMP in Morinville responded to a break, enter and theft at Pipeline business near Gibbons, Alberta on Oct. 21, 2015 at approximately 5:30 a.m.
An employee reported a company truck and laptops had been stolen. RCMP were successful in locating the truck and recovering some of the laptops the same morning in a nearby field.
“Theft is a crime of opportunity that can be prevented,” said Staff Sergeant Riz Suleman, Detachment Commander.
Here are a few tips to consider in preventing loss:
1. Install high quality door locks.
2. Lock all windows and consider burglary resistant glass.
3. Install a good quality alarm system to detect unauthorized entry.
4. Video surveillance systems provide detection and control. Use mirrors and cameras to observe all areas.
5. Ensure you have adequate indoor and outdoor lighting.
6. Do not leave valuables in plain view in vehicles.
7. Encourage employees to lock up articles of value before they leave for the day.
The investigation is continuing and no arrests have been made.