submitted by St. Albert RCMP
St. Albert RCMP Drug Unit (SADU), with the assistance of St. Albert General Investigation Section (GIS) and St. Albert Traffic Unit, executed a search warrant at a residence on Mission Avenue after a month-long drug trafficking investigation.
The search of the residence located the following items, which were seized:
- A loaded .22 calibre long rifle
- 20 gauge sawn-off shotgun
- A box of ammunition
- A loaded black BB handgun
- Functioning scale
- Organized packaging materials with varying-sized bags and labelled stickers.
- $3160.00 in Canadian Currency
- Bill counter
- 678 psilocybin capsules
- 212g dried psilocybin (cap and stem)
- 236.61g dried cannabis
- 180.93g cannabis concentrates
- 9508 mg cannabis edibles
Colton Myers (18) and a female youth (15), both of St. Albert, were arrested & charged with the following:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (x2)
- Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Selling It (x3)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing the Serial Number has been Altered, Defaced or Removed
- Store Prohibited/Restricted Firearm in Carless Manor (x2)
- Possession (or carry) of Weapon or Imitation Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose to the Public
- Possession of Firearm Without a Licence (x2)
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited/Restricted Firearm
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000 (Canadian Currency)
The female youth was released from custody and scheduled to appear in St. Albert Provincial Court on July 6, 2021.
Colton Myers was held for a Judicial Interim Release Hearing and was released by a Justice of the Peace. He is scheduled to appear in St. Albert Provincial Court on June 21, 2021.