Few things in life are as comforting as the aroma of freshly baked banana bread wafting through the kitchen. Now, imagine elevating this classic treat to a whole new level of decadence by adding the rich flavours of chocolate and coffee. Introducing the Chocolate Coffee Banana Bread – a delightful fusion of sweet, moist banana bread with the irresistible allure of chocolate and a subtle hint of coffee.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet), plus extra for topping
- Chopped nuts (optional for added texture)
- Preheat and Prepare: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Mash and Mix: In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Add melted butter and mix well. Incorporate sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract, stirring until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Infuse with Coffee: Pour the brewed coffee into the batter and gently fold it in. The coffee not only enhances the chocolate flavour but also adds a subtle depth to the overall taste. Be careful not to overmix.
- Add Chocolate Chips and Nuts: Gently fold in the chocolate chips and, if desired, chopped nuts. Reserve some chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the batter before baking for a visually appealing finish.
- Bake to Perfection: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on top. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Keep an eye on it and cover with foil if the top starts to brown too quickly.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow the chocolate coffee banana bread to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. Slicing it while warm is tempting, but patience will be rewarded with a beautifully moist and set texture.
Enjoy a slice of this Chocolate Coffee Banana Bread on its own or slightly warmed with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat. Pair it with a cup of freshly brewed coffee to enhance the delightful coffee undertones in the bread.
This recipe transforms the humble banana bread into a sophisticated dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Share it with friends, bring it to a potluck, or savor it during a cozy afternoon tea. The Chocolate Coffee Banana Bread is a delightful indulgence that combines the timeless charm of banana bread with the irresistible allure of chocolate and coffee.