By Gladys Kublik, owner Neighbors Vitamin Shop
All the reflections and reviews of the year gone by prompted us to do a review of our own. After reams of reports generated by our system and in depth analysis by our inventory specialist we were able to compile a short list of our best sellers for 2012. So in the ever popular countdown format, we thought we would share the results with you.
10. Osteo Move Joint Care – a glucosamine formula with antiflammatory agents from phytonutrient and herbal sources; collagen and hyaluronic acid to restore synovial fluid and minerals essential to joint rejuvenation. Similar in design to Recovery but more concentrated eliminating the number of pills required for optimum dosage. A further benefit for men is that it does not raise iron levels in the blood as Sierra Sil can. It just nosed ahead of Nutri Flex in popularity because of its pill format.
9. Coenzyme Q10 – a powerful antioxidant found in almost every cell in the body, used to convert food into energy. Although naturally occurring, levels peak in our 20’s, drop continuously during mid life and by the 80’s are lower than at birth. Studies have proven it effective in preventing subsequent heart attacks in cardiac patients, treating high blood pressure, reducing blood vessel damage during surgery, preventing muscular dystrophy and migraine headaches.
8. Iron – used to treat anemia, often combined with Vitamin B12, folic acid or Vitamin C for better absorption, it is available in liquids, capsules or soft gels. Organically sourced iron is easier on the system alleviating digestive problems often associate with iron supplements.
7. The Cleanse – we grouped these together because there are several very popular kits. Traditionally used in the spring and fall, cleanses are selling steadily all year round as people discover the health benefits for their digestion, weight loss goals, skin problems and fatigue.
6. Magnesium – is present in the body in large amounts, half of which in the bones. It is necessary for about 300 chemical reactions for the proper function of nerves, muscles, digestion, and skin health. Available as citrate, malate, and bisglynate, it is used to treat heart disease, ADHD, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, leg cramps, restless leg syndrome, and much more.
5. Vitamin D – The sunshine vitamin, which in this latitude we never get enough of. There is a vast body of science showing the many health benefits of vitamin D for the whole family. It has a positive effect on the immune system, the growth of bones and teeth, seasonal depression, osteoporosis, cancer, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, insulin secretion and blood pressure regulation.
4. Omega 3 oils – ESSENTIAL fatty acids. Essential because we need them for our bodies to work properly; they are not produced naturally in our bodies or converted from other fats. Vital in reducing inflammation throughout the body and in prenatal health of the mother and child, essential fatty acids also improve triglyceride blood levels, cardiovascular health, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, asthma, ADHD, and dementia.
3. Platinum Multi Vitamins – we also grouped these products together even though there are specific products for age, gender, activity levels or unique needs, they are all multi vitamin formulas from Platinum. Featuring the exclusive Omega Suspension Technology (OST) delivery system to increase the quantity of active ingredients that is actually absorbed by your cells. As a result of this breakthrough, Platinum Naturals was awarded, in 2005, the Leonardo da Vinci Award for Innovation and Creativity in Business, winning over a number of large, international firms.
HAVE YOU BEEN TO MERCANTILE LATELY?
Click the video to learn more
2. Oil of Oregano – hands down the product everyone loves to hate. An antimicrobial, it kills bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and yeasts making it effective against colds, flus, food poisoning, athlete’s foot, thrush and many other internal and external ailments. It rivals Sovereign Silver as the best cure for everything. People love it because it is effective, and hate it because it tastes awful.
1. The top selling product in our store for 2012 was . . . Raspberry Ketones! I have to say it was a bit of a surprise, we thought it was popular, but didn’t realize it was Number 1. We heard very positive results from about 75% of our customers, but it still required exercise and a diet plan to achieve results. Apparently it accelerates the effects of diet and exercise but it is not a magic pill. The new Green Coffee Bean Extract seems to be gaining on it quickly, is it the magic pill? Don’t throw away your jogging shoes.
Wishing you all the best of health for the New Year!