Editor’s Note: In the interest of providing our readers with a forum whereby they can hear from and connect with the candidates presently seeking their votes, MorinvilleNews.com is opening our pages for the next four weeks to all candidates, giving them one opportunity to write a guest editorial.
Although candidates are free to advertise on MorinvilleNews.com or not, no fee is being charged to candidates for publishing their guest editorial. ALL candidates for mayor, council or school trustee in each of the communities we cover have been and are invited to contribute an article on themselves and their campaign.
Articles are unedited other than spelling.
While the public is free to comment on editorials and the candidate free to respond, NO candidate other than the author may respond or comment on another candidate’s editorial.
– Stephen Dafoe
My name is Trina Jones and I am running for Legal Town Council. The philosophy you see above is my promise to you to make every effort to consider you and your best interests in the decisions I would make during my time as a Councillor.
For those who don’t know me; I moved to Legal in 1994, while in high school.
Upon graduating from MCHS in 1996 I moved to Edmonton to begin my adult life.
After graduating from college in 2001 and bringing our two beautiful daughters into the world, I and my husband, who was born and raised in Legal, decided to move back to Legal. In the six and a half years we’ve been here, we have built our lives around our family and friends and look forward to continuing to live the good life in the town we have always considered Home.
I live, work, play and volunteer in Legal and I am so proud to be a part of this community. I feel I’ve made an impact but I’d like to do more. Here’s a quick snapshot of my endeavors in the last few years:
- Fete Au Village Committee – Member at large, 2004 to 2005
- Legal Preschool Association – President, Treasurer, 2006 to 2008
- Legal Mixed Fastball – Secretary, 2006 to present
- Legal Soccer Club – Fundraising Chair, 2008 to present
- Legal School Parent Council – Secretary/Treasurer, 2009 to present
- Town of Legal – Economic/Community Development Clerk, 2004 to 2005
- Syzygy Research & Technology – Development Coordinator, 2006 to present
Although I have not served on Town Council before, I feel my volunteer and administrative experience, my enthusiasm, put together with my Systems Analysis and Economic Development background makes me an ideal candidate. I want to share my love for and commitment to our vibrant community with you. My plans for the next three years would include:
- Consulting with the youth of Legal to build and improve programs for our teens to help them flourish into creative, constructive and confident adults.
- Working with Town staff to develop strategies for sustainable infrastructure for our growing community.
- Ensuring Council and Staff seek ways to be fiscally responsible to you.
- Involving residents in the decision making process, building relationships for and inclusive environment and finding ways for new residents to become involved in the community.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter, and should you choose to support me. Mark October 18th on your calendar and I’ll see you at the polls.