by Morinville News Staff
The government announced Wednesday that MyAlberta is now receiving emergency isolation support applications from working Albertans who are self-isolating or who are the sole caregivers for someone in self-isolation. Qualifying applicants will receive a one-time payment of $1,146 through Interac e-Transfer.
The funding is part o a previously announced $50 million in financial support for self-isolating Albertans with no other source of income.
To be eligible, working Alberta adults experiencing a total or significant loss of income as a result of having to self-isolate or care for a dependent who is self-isolating can apply for emergency isolation support payments if:
1. They have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
2. They are caring for a dependent who is self-isolating.
3. They have otherwise been directed by health authorities to self-isolate.
4. They are not receiving compensation from any other source.
Those ineligible for the $1146 payment include:
1. Those who were not working immediately before you were advised to self-isolate
2. Those who can work from home
3. Those who are not experiencing a significant loss of income as a result of self-isolation
4. Those who are currently collecting other forms of income support or employer benefits while self-isolated, such as: workplace sick leave benefits, federal employment insurance (EI) benefits
5. Those who are staying home to care for a dependent who is home for a reason other than self-isolation
6. Those who reside outside of Alberta
Full eligibility criteria and the application can be found at alberta.ca. Other supports currently available can be found at https://www.alberta.ca/emergency-isolation-support.aspx#othersupports.
Once eligibility has been confirmed, Albertans will be asked to create a verified MyAlberta Digital ID, required to complete the application. Information from the applicant’s Alberta driver’s licence or ID card is used to confirm identity by matching information on the card to the government’s motor vehicles database. Once identity is confirmed, Albertans can complete the emergency isolation support application.