(NC) Lately, we have all found ourselves daydreaming about our next vacation. So why not add international flavours to your favourite dishes and bring vacation vibes to your home.
A simple, flavour-rich sauce can add something a little more exciting, fun and exotic. VH sauces are proudly prepared in Boisbriand, Quebec and their delicious marinades, dips and stir-fry sauces can help add an international flair to any of your home-cooked meals.
Take your taste buds to the tropics with this delicious recipe.
Pineapple Jerk Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
• 3 lb (1.5 kg) chicken drumsticks and thighs
• 1 jar VH Pineapple Jerk Sauce, divided
• 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 cup short-grain rice
• 4 tsp minced fresh ginger
• ½ cup red kidney beans, rinsed
• 1/3 cup diced sweet red pepper
• Lime wedges
• Sprigs of fresh thyme
1. In a large bowl, toss chicken with 1 cup (250 mL) sauce; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Arrange chicken on parchment-paper-lined baking sheet; cook for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Brush with remaining sauce.
3. Meanwhile, bring broth to boil in a small saucepan; stir in rice and ginger. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in beans and red pepper. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
4. Serve chicken with rice and beans. Garnish as desired.